The Health Benefits of Detox and How Standard Process Can Help
If you’re like most people, even if you had New Year resolutions, you’ve probably given up on them by now. Why not try again? There’s no pressure at this point and you can put more focus on things you want to accomplish.
First and foremost, think about the one thing that is most important to all of us. It’s health! You can always get another job, car, house, etc., but you’ll never get another you.
Do you have any of the following?
- Food cravings
- Weight gain
- Joint discomfort
- Tiredness and/or difficulty sleeping
- Less mental sharpness
- Low libido
- Indigestion or other gastrointestinal issues
- Skin irritation
Toxins in the air, food, water, home, office, can all contribute to these symptoms and more. We’re exposed to toxins in the environment (exogenous) and our bodies produce waste toxins (endogenous).
The good news is your body has the ability to detoxify itself. However, when the load of toxins becomes too great, you start having issues like those listed above. So every now and then, it’s a good idea to detox for improved health.
So Many Positives
If you want to feel more energized, look better, super-charge your immune system and overall health, let’s look at some of the positives of a body detox:
- Cleans out the built up waste in your digestive tract
- Can reduce inflammation in the body, which may help lessen arthritis and other inflammatory symptoms
- Boosts your immune system to make your body more resistant to germs and environmental toxins
- Improves the look of skin and hair
- If you’re overweight, a detox can help you lose weight (Reminder – this should never be the #1 reason for a detox)
- After a cleanse you feel lighter and more energetic
- A routine body cleanse, about 4 times a year, helps keep your body in better condition by clearing out the digestive tract and detoxifying the liver, which is the main organ responsible for detoxifying the blood
- Less brain fog, clearer thinking
- Improved vitamin absorption
- When you detox, toxins from hyper-processed foods, including sugar and white flour, are released. The hormonal imbalances that create turmoil with your metabolism are considerably lessened.
- Eliminate food sensitivities that can cause inflammation in the body. Gluten, sugar, and dairy are the most common.
- Improved sex life - can’t argue with that!
Healthy Metabolic Detoxification with SP Detox Balance™
SP Detox Balance™, formulated by Standard Process, supports whole body detoxification and helps your liver in the processing and removal of toxins from your body.** It also provides amino acids required for Phase II enzymes. It’s an excellent source of iron, good source of choline, dietary fiber, and plant-based magnesium for a gluten-free, vegan detox.
Balanced, safe, and effective nutritional support for all three phases of detoxification**
However, remember that detoxification is an energy-dependent process, and an adequate energy supply is crucial throughout the entire process. Fasting or improper nutrition during a detox could potentially have negative health effects, including many you are trying to rid your body of:
- decreased energy production
- brain fog
- mood and sleep difficulties
- breakdown of lean tissue
10 and 28-day SP Detox Programs
The SP Detox Balance™ Program has options for a 10-day or 28-day cleanse and includes a tasty shake, supported by sample meals, and a guidebook to help you through the process. SP Detox Balance™ powder is vegan and contains whole food-based nutritional ingredients* plus a whopping 17 grams of protein derived from pea isolates, pumpkin concentrate, oat flour and buckwheat flour. Choose from the original shake or chai flavor.
*Warning: This product contains naturally occurring Vitamin K1. If you are taking blood-thinning medicines, are pregnant or nursing, or have been directed to eat a diet low in oxalates, please consult with your health care professional before taking this product.
Cheers to improved health!
Dr. Robert Powell, The “Wholefood Guru”
At Wholefood Guru, we strive to provide the most up-to-date clinical information on improving health through whole food supplementation, diet, and lifestyle modifications. Wholefood Guru is an authorized online distributor of Standard Process health products.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.