Fight Seasonal Allergies Naturally with Wholefood Supplements
Ah, springtime! Birds are singing, bees are buzzing, flowers are blooming, and it’s finally warming up outside. Aaaaah…choo!
You may be one of the millions of people who suffer from seasonal allergies. But before you lock yourself in the house until winter, here are several things you can do to reduce your exposure to seasonal triggers.
- Wear a mask when working in the yard because that really stirs up pollen. Mowing the lawn, cutting limbs, and pulling weeds.
- Once yardwork is done, remove the clothes you've worn outside and put them in the wash.
- Shower to wash off any pollen that may have attached to your skin and hair.
- A lot of people may like the fresh smell of items dried in the breeze, but pollen can stick to fabrics, so use the clothes dryer instead.
- Close doors and windows when the pollen count is high.
- Use high-efficiency filters, disposable or lifetime, for forced heat and/or air conditioning units. Change or clean the filter(s) on a regular basis.
- Use air conditioning in car, too. Ensure the air filter is clean for better quality air.
- Vacuum often with a vacuum cleaner that has a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter.
- You can also use a portable HEPA filter to filter the air in your bedroom while you sleep.
- If you are allergic to pet dander and have pets, they don’t need sleep in your bed. Yes, I know, it’s easier said than done.
Use saline solution to relieve nasal congestion. You can buy a ready-made saline solution, make your own, or purchase a nettie pot. These are inexpensive ways to flush mucus and allergens from your nose.
Look to Mother Nature
Mother Nature has the answers with herbs to keep your body functioning at its best. The following are a few wholefood supplements that help with seasonal allergies.
AllergCo contains three herbs that help support a healthy response to seasonal stressors and maintain normal respiratory tract function.
The herbal trio of Albizia, Chinese Skullcap and Nigella contain multiple compounds including: saponins, flavonoids (especially baicalin) and quinones (particularly thymoquinone).
These herbs are used traditionally to help the body:
- Respond normally to occasional seasonal stress
- Maintain skin and immune system health
- Maintain healthy breathing passages*
NOTE: Do not use if pregnant
Japanese researchers discovered a liver fat extract that supports the body’s normal detoxification mechanisms. Antronex contains bovine liver fat extract to help the body rid itself of unwanted symptoms.
Allerplex supports the body’s ability to handle environmental challenges and helps maintain healthy mucous membranes.*
- Contains Vitamin A, which plays a role in healthy liver function
- Helps maintain healthy mucous membranes*
- Supports healthy lung and respiratory function*
- Supports the body’s ability to handle environmental challenges*
- Contains a combination of key ingredients from several Standard Process products including:
Cal-Amo contains compounds that help support proper acid/alkaline balance, including chloride, an electrolyte that strengthens respiratory function.*
Special Info: This product absorbs moisture. Keep bottle tightly closed. Do not chew this product.
In conclusion, seasonal allergies can be a nuisance, but there are ways to reduce exposure to seasonal triggers. Taking precautions such as wearing a mask while working in the yard, using high-efficiency filters, vacuuming often, and using a saline solution for nasal congestion relief are easy and inexpensive ways to minimize allergy symptoms.
Additionally, using wholefood supplements like AllergCo, Antronex, Allerplex, and Cal-Amo can help support the body's response to seasonal stressors and maintain normal respiratory tract function. By following these tips, you can enjoy the beauty of spring without the discomfort of allergies.
Dr. Robert Powell, The “Wholefood Guru”
At Wholefood Guru, we strive to provide the most up-to-date clinical information on improving health through whole food supplementation, diet, and lifestyle modifications. Wholefood Guru is an authorized online distributor of Standard Process health products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.