E-Z Mg is a plant-based, multiform organic magnesium (Mg) supplement developed to support patients with inadequate dietary magnesium intake.*
- Essential for central nervous system health*
- Helps to bridge the gap in dietary magnesium intake*
- Plant-based and considered ideal as a naturally-occurring magnesium, as it consists of a collection of various magnesium forms (i.e., multiform)
- Vegetarian and USDA organic magnesium supplement
- Excellent source of vitamin K1 and iron
- Good source of magnesium*
What is the benefit of multiform magnesium (Mg)?
The best source of magnesium is naturally-occurring and obtained from the diet. Various forms of magnesium make use of different uptake sites in the gut1 with 40% of magnesium absorption taking place throughout the intestines.2
Plant-based magnesium, like that found in E-Z Mg, is considered ideal as it consists of a collection of various magnesium forms (i.e., multiform). Since plant-based magnesium contains multiple forms, it helps take the guesswork out of which kind of magnesium to take.
The plant-based, multiform magnesium in E-Z Mg is absorbed by the body the way nature intended.
Why is there a gap in dietary magnesium intake?
The Standard American Diet (SAD) is high in processed foods and carbohydrates, low in vitamins and minerals. This inadequate daily intake of plant materials helps contribute to magnesium deficiency in more than 50% of the population. 3,4 Data also suggest that produce - especially vegetables - has experienced a decline in mineral content over the last century.5
Signs of low magnesium may include^:
- Mild headaches
- Brain fog
- Muscle twitches
- Muscle weakness
- Mood change
- Concern with glucose management difficulties
^E-Z Mg may not address these concerns and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
E-Z Mg consists of extracts of two key ingredients: organic dried Swiss chard (beet leaf) juice and organic dried buckwheat (aerial parts) juice delivering 70 mg of elemental magnesium. The 70 mg of magnesium (approximately 17% of the RDI) would be sufficient to bridge the magnesium dietary intake gap for around 70% of the population. The remaining 30% (composed of individuals at the lowest end of dietary magnesium intake) are advised to increase their intake of plant-based diet along with E-Z Mg.
- Schuette, S. A. L. M., Bret A.; Janhorbani PhD, Morteza, Bioavailability of Magnesium Diglycinate vs Magnesium Oxide in Patients with Ileal Resection Journal of Parenternal and Enteral Nutrition 1994, 18 (5).
- McCarthy, J. T. K., R., Divalent Cation Metabolism. 2004; Vol. 1, p 4.
- Rosanoff, A., Changing crop magnesium concentrations: impact on human health. Plant and Soil 2013, 368 (1-2), 139-153.
- Moshfegh, A. G., Joeseph; Ahuja, Jaspreet; Rhodes, Donna; LaComb, Randy, What We Eat in America, NHANES 2005-2006: Usual Nutrient Intakes from Food and Water Compared to 1997 Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin D, Calcium, Phosphorus, and Magnesium. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service 2009.
- Davis, D. R., Declining Fruit and Vegetable Nutrient Composition: What is the Evidence?. HortScience 2009, 44 (1)
Suggested Use: Six tablets per day, or as directed. Store in a cool, dark place.
Servings per Container: 30 or 30
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
†Daily Value not established.
Warning: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Warning: This product contains naturally occurring Vitamin K1. If you are taking blood-thinning medicines, are pregnant or nursing, or have been directed to eat a diet low in oxalates, please consult with your health care professional before taking this product.
Caution: This product is processed in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.