Strengthen Your Heart with Nutrition & Standard Process Supplements
Heart disease is the number one killer of people worldwide. It’s especially formidable for women as it causes more deaths every year than all forms of cancer combined.
Almost half of all US adults have some level of cardiovascular disease. More than 1/3 have been diagnosed with high blood pressure. This puts them at higher risk for heart disease and becoming a stroke victim or having a heart attack. Staggering statistics!
Why are we bringing up these frightening statistics? Because YOU have the power to take control of your overall health and heart health. But you must be willing to make changes in your daily life.
Your cardiovascular system plays a central role in everyday activities like exercise, stress regulation, and temperature control. Standard Process cardiovascular health supplements are nutrient-dense, whole food-based, and have herbal ingredients that work synergistically to support a healthy heart, blood flow, and the body’s natural inflammatory response.
Both Cardio-Plus® and Cardio-Plus® GF are heart supplements that help support heart and cardiovascular health.* Both supplements are Non-Dairy, Non-Soy and GF is Gluten Free. These supplements:
- Encourage healthy heart function*
- Support healthy circulation*
- Provide antioxidants like vitamin C
- Contain bovine heart PMG™ extract
- Support energy metabolism*
- Contain key ingredients from Cataplex B2, Cataplex E2, Cardiotrophin PMG, and Cataplex C
- Excellent source of B vitamins - riboflavin, niacin, and B6
The active ingredients in our Hawthorn supplement are Hawthorn leaf and flower (223mg). This supplement:
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system*
- Supports healthy muscle function (including the heart muscle)*
- Provides antioxidant activity*
Caution: Not to be used during pregnancy and lactation unless otherwise directed by a qualified health care professional. For other contraindications and cautions, please refer to the Potential Herb-Drug Interactions Chart. The chart can be found here: Potential Herb-Drug Interactions Chart
Diet & Sleep
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a Mediterranean diet supplemented with extra olive oil or nuts was shown to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, or death from cardiovascular causes by around 30%. These statistics are equally valid for those at high risk for cardiovascular disease.
The FDA states that adults should get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. However, depending on your level of stress, health issues, long work hours, etc., you may not get the deep sleep you need.
Here are some things you can do to get a better night’s sleep:
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day
- Sleep in a dark, quiet room (get black out shades if needed)
- Turn off electronics
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine
- Don’t drink alcohol before bedtime
- Do something to relax before trying to sleep – meditate, read, etc.
- No exercise right before bedtime
- Do not take a nap after 3 p.m.
- Don’t eat a large meal before you go to sleep
If you have a sleep disorder, definitely schedule a visit to your doctor.
Keeping your cardiovascular system healthy is a must since it is responsible for circulating blood, oxygen and nutrients throughout your body. It takes time and effort, but you will be surprised by all the positive results.
Dr. Robert Powell, The “Wholefood Guru”
At Wholefood Guru, we strive to provide the most up-to-date clinical information on improving health through whole food supplementation, diet, and lifestyle modifications. Wholefood Guru is an authorized online distributor of Standard Process health products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.